Library faculty and staff presented on an array of library services during the June 30, Go Virtual Breakout Sessions, linked below for viewing. The library session was coordinated and moderated by Science Librarian, Chrissy Hursh.
You are here
Suggestions & Answers
Hey Campus! As part of the ongoing Meriam Library renaissance, we’ve unveiled a new means by which you can tell us what items YOU think that the library should offer as part of its collections.
Featured at the bottom of EVERY PAGE (It’s true! Scroll down there and see if I lie!) is a button to Suggest a Title for the library collection.
At Meriam Library, we love to discover new information. While we have plenty of peer-reviewed articles and scholarly research on hand, we also want answers to questions such as:
- If you could go back in time, which book would you give your younger self?
- What do you need help with the most at the library?
- And, what's the most you've spent on textbooks in one semester?
That last question is now up on our new Question of the Week whiteboard. Come check it out on the 2nd floor of the library, next to the elevators.
Library should be open longer hours on the weekends. (multiple comments)
Library Hours—Open 24 hours finals; Don’t close at 11:45pm during finals We are currently evaluating our operating hours for next year. There are many factors that go into deciding what our operating hours will be, including building usage, ability to provide services and staffing, funding, safety concerns, and the enormous cost (both financial and sustainability/energy related) of operating a building of this size.
Stay open longer! Good news, the library will be open a few additional hours this weekend—closing at 9:45pm on both Friday and Saturday, May 13 & 14. The first floor Computer Lab & The Grove will continue to be open until 2am through Finals Week. We are frequently re-evaluating library hours based on factors such as building usage and late night safety concerns.
- Please supply a hot water dispenser. I can’t make tea when the BMU is closed. We’ve had a few requests for a hot water dispenser and we’re looking into options to provide this soon.
- More outlets spread throughout the desks!! We are replacing tables with “powered” tables as funds become available. In the last few years, we’ve replaced all of the tables on 4th Floor and nearly half of the tables on 2nd Floor. Our goal is for nearly every table in the library to have easy access to an outlet.
The Library recently installed a few suggestion boxes around the building and your suggestions have been rolling in! Thank you. Below are responses to the most recent suggestions. Please check back here for future responses.