Meriam Library will provide books and articles to students who live over 40 miles from campus, are currently enrolled in a Chico Distance & Online Education class, and not attending any other courses on campus.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Register by clicking the button above, and be sure that you indicate your status as a Distant Undergraduate or Distant Graduate student.
- Fill out one form for each book or article.
- Notification of unfilled requests will be via email with an explanation
You can get:
- Articles from journals owned by the Meriam Library that are not available electronically
- Circulating books found in the Meriam Library Catalog or any other CSU library.
You cannot get:
- Books from other libraries. Use your local public library's Interlibrary Services.
- Whole issues/volumes of journals
- Audio-visual (films, cassettes, videos, DVDs, compact discs)
- Maps and atlases
- Software and CD ROMs
- Rare, fragile, and special collection books
- Reference books
- Material that is on Reserve
- Anything with the status of "Library Use Only"
Contact Interlibrary Service at (530) 898-6881 for any special circumstances.
There are variables, but allow at least a week to receive the material.
Articles are free.
Books: You are responsible for the cost of returning the material via a method that is traceable (U.P.S. or U.S. Mail with delivery confirmation, etc.).
You are responsible for loss or damage charges incurred as a result of the request.
Articles are delivered to your Interlibrary Services account.
- Login using the button above.
- Select Electronically Received Articles from the left-side menu.
- Then select the transaction # to access the PDF article (Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed).
The article may be viewed, printed, and/or saved. All articles are automatically deleted in 30 days.
Books will be checked out to your Meriam Library circulation account.
The book will be sent via a method that is traceable, (U.P.S. or U.S. Mail with delivery confirmation, etc.)
The loan period is 3 weeks. Extra time is included in your circulation account due date to allow for shipping both ways.
Renewals are not available.
- You are liable for loss or damage charges incurred as a result of the request.
- Leave the strap on at all times.
- Failure to comply with these procedures may result in university services and library privileges being withheld.
Plan ahead! Identify the books and articles you need for your papers and projects as soon as possible so that you will have enough time to submit requests.
Do not use abbreviations. A librarian can assist you if you are unable to identify the periodical abbreviations.
When filling out the forms, give the most complete information you can for each item. Use the NOTES field to provide additional information.