Use: How do I incorporate this primary source into my research project?
Some questions students will learn to answer
- Can I ethically use this source?
- Do I need permission to use or reproduce source materials?
- How do I correctly refer to this source and what is the necessary citation information needed?
- How do I present this information in my research paper?
Learning objectives this module will address
- Practice synthesizing source information into a research argument.
- Use appropriate tools and techniques to track research materials.
- Correctly cite primary source documents in a variety of formats.
- Understand how to obtain necessary copyright, reproduction, or publication permissions.
Sample exercises that may be used in this module
- My Hometown: discovering and citing sources from Calisphere.
- From paragraph to footnote and back. Exercise in integrating source material in paper writing.
- Dear Library: exploring the rights and permissions process. Learning institutional practices for the use of archival materials.
- Using Zotero for research and collaboration. Practice in developing and sharing group resources.