The Student Learning Center, in partnership with Meriam Library, is offering free study skills workshops to help students develop academic success strategies. This semester's workshops will focus on academic research skills facilitated by a librarian. Participants are encouraged to attend as many workshops as they can. All workshops will be held twice a week virtually. Zoom links will be e-mailed to attendees 10 minutes prior to the start of each session. To sign up, visit the Student Learning Center website.
Tuesdays 4-5pm & Wednesdays, 6-7pm
- How Do I Use the Library Online? 9/22 & 9/23
- This session will provide an overview of helpful library resources and services such as Ask a Librarian chat, OneSearch, Book Requests, and Interlibrary Loan
- How Do I Start My Research? 9/29 & 9/30
- This session will cover brainstorming topics of interests and turning them into effective research questions
- How Do I Find and Read Scholarly Articles? 10/6 & 10/7
- This session will offer strategies on breaking down scholarly or peer-reviewed journal articles and how to use library databases to find scholarly articles
- How Do I Evaluate and Synthesize Sources? 10/13 & 10/14
- This session will offer strategies on how to evaluate different sources of information and incorporate all sources of information in a cohesive manner
- How Do I Cite Sources and Create an Annotated Bibliography? 10/20 & 10/21
- This session will go over citation strategies, focusing on the APA citation format, and will also offer strategies on how to produce an evaluative annotated bibliography.