A courtesy card allows you to check out books and nonprint media at Meriam Library. If you do not qualify for a courtesy card, you may be eligible for a nonaffiliated user card.
To get a courtesy card you must complete a courtesy card application and show a valid California driver's license or DMV identification card. You must provide a Social Security number.
The following groups of patrons are entitled to a courtesy card:
|Chico State alumni who are permanent CA residents||Patron must provide proof of permanent CA address. Library staff will contact the Alumni and Parent Engagement department to verify alumni status.|
|Alumni from other CSUs who are permanent CA residents||Patron must provide proof of permanent CA address and provide proof of CSU status.|
|Employees of Associated Students||Current CSU ID card.|
|Employees of Chico State Enterprises||Current CSU ID card.|
|Students pursuing incompletes||Email from VPAA or student's advisor / professor.|
|Cooperating teacher||Provide school ID or proof of employment at a school in our service area.*|
|Spouses / domestic partners of current / retired /emeritus faculty and staff.||Spouse / domestic partner application available at Meriam Library Circulation.|
|Current OLLI participants||Library staff will contact the OLLI office to verify.|
|Current students at any CSU||Current CSU ID card.|
|Mutual use faculty||Current CSU or UC ID card or current ID card from any community college in our service area.*|
|Mutual use retired/emeritus faculty||Retired/emeritus faculty ID card from any campus in the CSU system.|
|ANCHR||Current membership card at or above the $50 level.|
|Tower Society||Current membership card|
*Service Area: Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Lassen, Modoc, Plumas, Shasta, Siskiyou, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity and Yuba counties.
Courtesy Card Terms and Conditions
- The courtesy card is issued for a period of 1 year.
- If library records indicate any outstanding debts due, these must be cleared before a card is issued or renewed.
- The card is non-transferable.
- Cardholders are responsible for all items circulated on their card and are obligated to pay applicable overdue fines and reimburse the library for lost and/or damaged items, including processing fees.
- Lost or stolen courtesy cards must be reported immediately to Circulation. Items checked out on a courtesy card that is not reported lost or stolen within 24 hours will be charged to the patron’s account.
Using My Account
You may log into your account here or on any page using the My Library Account link at the top-right of the page.