The Meriam Library and the Butte County Public Library have partnered to provide OneCard, which allows CSU students, staff, and faculty to use their WildCat Card to access Butte County Library’s electronic resources.
To access the Butte County Library resources, use your Library # on the back of your Wildcat ID card. Your PIN number for using the Butte County Public LIbrary electronic resources is the last 4 digits of your Library #. More information, including how to login to the resources below is available at: https://libguides.csuchico.edu/OneCard.
CSU students, staff, and faculty now have access to all Butte County Library E-Resources:
Online books, magazines, and newspapers:
- SimplyE: App for eBooks
- Enki Library: eBooks
- New York Times: Digital access
- OverDrive/Libby: eAudiobooks and eBooks
- Hoopla: Instantly borrow movies and TV shows with your library card !
- Discover & Go: is a museum pass program that provides California library cardholders with free and low-cost tickets to local museums, science centers, zoos, theaters and other fun cultural venues.
- Britannica School Edition: Britannica School is the go-to site for learning more about any subject - for all grades and all reading abilities - offering thousands of up-to-date, curated, and curriculum-relevant articles, images, videos, audio clips, primary sources, maps, research tools, recommended Web sites, and three separate databases - Elementary, Middle, or High.
- Britannica Escolar: Escolar is the leading knowledge-building resource that is universally trusted for accurate and age-appropriate content in Spanish.
- New York Times: Butte County Library is now offering patrons complimentary unlimited access to The New York Times.
- Legal Forms (Gale): Gale LegalForms offers a wide selection of essential state-specific (and multi-state) legal forms that may be customized for the most common legal procedures. These forms are used by attorneys and law firms. Includes real estate contracts, wills, pre-marital agreements, bankruptcy, divorce, landlord tenant and many others.
- Research in Context (Gale): Research In Context provides engaging reference, periodical, and multimedia content supporting national and state curriculum standards for grades 6 to 12 in language arts, social studies, and science. Middle school students will benefit from an interface that delivers a combination of the highly visual design and navigation preferred by younger users as well as the authoritative content and user-focused tool set needed to support middle school assignments and coursework.
- Kids Infobits: Kids InfoBits is the perfect educational product for today's young learners. It is a content-rich, authoritative, easy-to-use digital resource featuring age-appropriate, reliable, curriculum-related content covering a broad range of educational topics. The modern design and simple navigation makes it easy for users to explore content and gain comfort with database searching.
- Testing and Education Student Reference Center: Taking a college entrance or licensing exam? Looking for a college or graduate school? Need help finding scholarships? Use this database to search thousands of college and graduate school entries. Identify scholarships that meet their financial needs. Take on-line practice tests and use test prep eBooks to obtain your education goals.
- USA Learns: Learn English online for free! Prepare to become a U.S. citizen! USA Learns offers beginning and intermediate lessons. Video lessons, 1000s of activities. English lessons include practice speaking and listening, pronunciation, vocabulary, reading, writing and grammar. New Citizenship class prepares you for everything from eligibility and application, civics and history test questions to the final interview.