- There is no limit to the number of books and nonprint items faculty can check out.
- Two reserve items may be checked out at one time.
- One technology item may be checked out at one time.
Books checked out to faculty are due on the faculty due date of April 15th. Books checked out on or after March 01 are due on April 15th of the following year.
- The renewal period for items begins on March 01.
- Items may be renewed for one additional loan period, an unlimited number of times.
- Items upon which a recall or request has been placed may not be renewed.
- Items that are overdue cannot be renewed electronically.
- Items may be renewed electronically one time with the exception of items with recalls and/or requests and items that are overdue; i.e., items cannot be electronically renewed after the faculty due date of April 15th.
- Items that have been renewed electronically once must be brought to the library to be renewed.
Overdue and Unreturned Items
- Faculty will be notified of overdue items.
- Faculty will be billed for unreturned items.
- Faculty circulation privileges will be blocked until overdue items have been returned, renewed, or paid for.
- Faculty circulation privileges will resume when the full amount due has been recovered through tax offset, or payment of the balance has been remitted to the library, or the items have been returned.
- Faculty accounts for unreturned items will be submitted to the State Franchise Tax Board for recovery through offsetting state income tax refunds.
Requests and Recalled Items
Faculty may place a request on an item currently out to another borrower.
The library will notify the faculty when the item has been returned to the library.
Faculty in possession of a recalled item should return the item immediately, but no later than the recall due date noted on the recall request.
The recall due date will not decrease the loan period of the recalled item to fewer than 21 days from the time of checkout. At the time of return, the faculty member may place a request on the item. A $20.00 nonrefundable recall fine and a bill for replacement cost of the item will be issued for an overdue recalled item. Faculty circulation privileges will be blocked until the recall fine has been paid and the item has been returned or paid for. Faculty accounts for recall fines and unreturned items will be submitted to the State Franchise Tax Board for recovery through offsetting state income tax refunds.
Authorizing Research Assistants to Check Out in Your Name
Faculty may designate a person to check out items for use by the faculty member. The designated person must be a currently registered student and currently eligible for circulation privileges at CSU, Chico. The items will be charged to the faculty member's circulation account, and the faculty member assumes full responsibility for the care and return of these items. An authorization form, provided by the library, must be completed by the faculty member and on file in Circulation for items to be checked out to the faculty member's account by the designated person.
The authorization will be valid for the academic year, including the summer, or at the faculty member's request, for a period shorter than the academic year. The authorization terminates immediately should the designated student's status as currently registered be discontinued.
Item Check Out
The designated student should present the items requested by the faculty member to Circulation and inform staff that permission is on file for the items to be charged to a faculty member's account.
Items charged to the faculty member's account will be due on the faculty due date, April 15th.
Items are subject to normal recall procedures should they be requested by another patron.
Normal Loan Policies
All other regular loan periods and policies apply to faculty. See the checkout and renew page for more information.