The Law Collection includes both federal and California laws, court cases, and supporting law documents. It is located on the second floor of Meriam Library.
The main purpose of the Law Collection is to support CSU, Chico courses, students, and faculty. The public is welcome to use the collection.
How up to date is the collection?
With the acquisition of the database WestlawNext Campus Research in 2008 some of the Law Collection’s print sources are not updated. Sources which are now updated online only include:
- West’s California Digest 2D Series
- West’s California Reporter Series
- West’s California Annotated Codes
- West’s Federal Reporter 3D Series
- United States Code Annotated
- Federal Supplement 2D
- Shepard’s Federal Citations
- Shepard’s Federal Statutes
- Shepard’s Case Names Citator
- Shepard’s California Citations
How do I search the collection?
All materials in the law collection are included in OneSearch. Additionally, WestlawNext Campus Research and LexisNexis provide state and federal laws, law reviews, court cases, supplemental law documents and more.
For more information see the Reference Desk on the 2nd floor, or contact Jodi Shepherd, Political Science Librarian.